Lost information on Windows logout

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
arrowman

Lost information on Windows logout

Post by arrowman »

I lost some information in MyInfo 4 and I can reproduce it.

I open a topic. Create a new node and type some text.

I close MyInfo with the windows close button. It minimizes to the tray, because the option “Close button minimizes application” is set. That's good.

Then I logout of Windows XP and it closes all running applications. When I login again and open my topic, the changes are gone :cry:

The option “automatic save on exit” is checked, so I'd expect MyInfo to save changes when it's closed by Windows.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I will try to reproduce that.

Meanwhile you can turn on the Save on Minimize option in the Compatibility section in the Options dialog. This way, MyInfo should save your files everytime you minimize the application, so no data will be lost that way.
arrowman

Post by arrowman »

I noticed this issue was in the 4.01 release notes: "B fixed a data loss problem on Windows logout".

I just upgraded to 4.01, but unfortunately the problem I reported in this thread is still there. The exact same scenario reproduces the problem.

Help > About confirms I'm running version 4.01.

I'll use the "save on minimize" workaround for now, but this looks like something that should be fixed.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

On the tests that we have made, the problem was fixed. It seems that there are other circumstances, where the same problem happens, so we will test it again and fix it in the next update.